Pope Francis is planning a special meeting called a ‘Synod’, to discuss how we as a Church can be better at journeying together. This Synod focusses on our relationships with one another; our relationship with the church (locally, nationally and globally) and most importantly our own relationships with God.
This is a special Synod because he wants to hear from everyone and especially those who don’t always feel that they have a voice.
Pope Francis wants to hear from children, parents, teachers, parishioners … he wants to hear from everyone!
Have a look at some of our responses!
Watch the video below to learn more about The Synod...
Within schools, Pope Francis has asked us to think about:
* Who are the people who do not feel welcomed or valued in the Church?
* What is my dream for the Church?
* What does the Holy Spirit want for my life?
In order to help us answer Pope Francis’ questions, Holy Rood Catholic Primary School, and in fact all of our Trust schools, will be conducting the following activities as part of this
* An assembly for students to explain the synod process taking place across the world
* An opportunity for students in their RE lessons to participate in the Diocesan synodal process
* Opportunities for staff to participate in the synodal process through a dedicated ‘listening’ process
* Opportunities for parents and carers to participate in the synodal process through a dedicated ‘listening’ process, which will include the opportunity to meet and talk face to face as well as the opportunity to complete an online survey